St. Peter's has an active Pastoral Care Group who provide minstries to our church, such as the Stephen Ministries.
Some of the duties of Pastoral Care are:
- Taking Holy Communion to the three care homes in our parish. This is undertaken on the 1st, 2nd, and 4th Wednesdays of each month apart from July & August.
- Arrange a midweek service and social and St. Peter's the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 2pm apart from July & August.
- The Stephen Ministry also comes under our care and is headed by Wendy Booth.
- Visiting the "shut ins" both at home and in hospital. Meals are available for these people.
- Prayer shawls are knitted by members of St. Peter's and are blessed before being taken to those in need.
- We also have a prayer group that meet once a month to pray for those in need.
- A Sunday afternoon service is undertaken at the Mayfare Care Home on a rotating basis with other Churches. This is at 2pm and consists of hymn's and bible readings.
- We take cookies at Christmas to the "shut ins" and Easter Baskets at Easter.
To learn more about Stephen Ministries - please click here.
For more information on other Pastoral Ministries - please contact us.